Om Yoga International is a registered organization by Government of India and World Yoga Alliance. This is a world class training institute perfect for both yoga beginners looking for physically healthy body and mental development to maintain happiness, peace and harmony in their life and also for those who want to make yoga as a profession.
After successfully completing the Yoga Teacher Training program, the certificate provided is valid all over the world for you to begin your new calling!
200hr Indian traditional Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course has a duration of total 30days(4 weeks).
This course is divided into 5 modules listed below:
- Practice(Physically, Mentally and Spiritually)
- Anatomy and Physiology of Yogic Practices
- Traditional Yogic Philosophy
- Yogic Lifestyle
- Teaching Methodology and Practice
As you develop your own self practice(physically, mentally and spiritually), Teaching Methodology then assists you teach what you yourself are practising.
What is Teaching Methodology??
Sharing with others what you know about that particular aspect and make them practice what you have experienced. So, here we firmly believe that by developing a strong practice in each of these will give you the grounding.
and foundations to becoming a successful and confident yoga teacher.
200hour Yoga teacher training is the first step towards this.
One of the things that’s so rewarding about these 200hr intensives, is that each one of us comes to the mat for something different. Our journey is unique to ourselves, yet for 30 days we learn and grow together, become part of the same energy. You will learn to create flows for a variety of class types. Explore what works best for your body. This course offers a complete study of the eight limbs of yoga based upon the Yoga Sutras. Our training is devoted to helping Yoga Teachers teach to all walks of life. Our motto is “yoga for all” . Our asana technique explores contemporary principles of alignment and safety, while honouring our students’ need for creativity, freedom, and self-expression in their practice.
- Asanas (Postures): You will learn Many postures of Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga.Study various asanas, their names, type , its category and the technique of teaching the postures, the benefits and limitations of each posture, modifications, different mistakes generally made by students .
• Different Meditative Asanas
• Cultural Asanas(Standing poses, Seated pose, Prone and Supine Series)
• Relaxative Asanas
- Adjustment: Learn how to adjust these asanas and understand how adjustment can deepen your practice.
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques): These are based on traditional yogic breathing techniques which will benefit your yoga practice as you learn how to deepen your breath. Learn how to incorporate breathing into postures and into your classes and in your daily life.
- Shatkarma (Cleansing Techniques): These yogic cleansing practices will be integrated into the morning schedule and will work in conjunction with the asana practices. These will purify the nervous system and allow your breath to flow freely throughout the body. By expelling toxins from the body, we therefore cleanse it. These techniques also helps in meditation.
- Yogic Mudras (Energy Seals): Stimulate different parts of the body by sealing in the energy. These are usually used in Pranayama and also meditation and affect the flow of prana.
- Bandhas (Energy Locks): Helps to regulate the flow of energy and helps in meditation.
- Meditation: You will cover a range of meditation techniques that will help build concentration and focus in your daily practice. Techniques include Subconscious Cleansing Technique, Om Chanting, candlelight Meditation, etc.
- Mantras (Chanting): A range of mantras are chanted in every practical session including the Gayatri Mantra and many more that helps explore inner peace.
Anatomy and Physiology
You will learn anatomy of yoga in order to strengthen the explanations, cues, and corrections of practical activities.
In 200hr TTC course anatomy, we study basic concepts of Anatomy and Physiology of Yogic practices such as:
- Formation of Body, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Nervous System, Structure of Spinal Cord.Effect of different movements of Asanas on Spinal Cord.
- Physical and Mental Effects of kriya, Pranayama, Asanas and Meditation.
- Anatomy of the chakras, nadis and the application of chakras energy in the practice of Yoga.
The main attraction and highlighting factor of 200hr course is traditional Ashtanga and Hatha yogic philosophy. This class will help you to get information and know the basic philosophy, concepts and history of yoga. It will cover the various traditional philosophies and viewpoints, insights from modern research and ways in which the essence of this holistic life-view can be integrated into a modern lifestyle.
a) Yoga Sutras (Preface of Patanjali’s yoga Sutra): Study this important text based on the 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga. In this, Patanjali describes how to make a connection with the body, mind and spirit.
b) Kriya Yoga a methodology to overcome Panch-klesha (5 causes of pain and miseries)
c) Raj yoga and Hatha yoga and Kundlaini Yoga
d) Introduction to Yogic Diet
e) Importance of Pranayama in daily life.
Teaching Methodology and Practice
First, you will observe a practical class given by one of our experienced yoga teachers as inspiration for the class that you will then prepare.This class will give you the necessary building blocks to devise your own yoga class.
Adjustment: Learn how to help your students get deeper into a posture through adjustment.
§ Studying yoga lifestyle and the ethics of a yoga teacher and importance of yoga teacher.
§ Studying the mental attitude and presence of the teacher
§ The seat of yoga teacher/teaching as service/why we teach/creating a sacred space
§ Ethical guidelines for the student teacher relationship
Creating a class/Sequencing/General teaching points:
How to organize a class.
Basic principles of sequencing the class
Principles of great teaching.
Creating a class plan.
Teaching progressively focusing on alignment principles.
How to handle student as a teacher
Teacher and Student relationship.
Time Management of Class.
4 Week Curriculum – 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
|01||Asanas||07||Anatomy and Physiology of Yogic Practice|
|03||Meditation||09||Study of 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga|
|04||Cleansing Processes||10||Mantra Recitation|
Syllabus of Yoga Courses
Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga Asanas
|01.||Taadasana – Mountain Pose||15.||Utkatasana – Chair Pose|
|02.||Vrikshasana – Tree Pose||16.||UrdhavPrasarita Ekpadasana – Standing Split|
|03.||Paarshava Chakrasana – Side Wheel Pose||17.||Garudasana – Eagle Pose|
|04.||Padahastasana – Hand to Feet Pose||18.||Vatyanasana – Horse Pose|
|05.||Ardh Chakrasana – Half Wheel Pose||19.||Samakonasana – Straight Angle Pose|
|06.||Trikonasana – TriAngle Pose||20.||Hanumanasana – Monkey Pose|
|07.||Parivritta Trikonasana – Twisted Triangle Pose||21.||Uthita HastPadangusthasana – Extended Hand to Toe Pose|
|08.||Veerbadrasana I, II & III – Warrior Pose||22.||Parivritta Parsvkonasana – Reverse Side Angle Pose|
|09.||Parshvkonasana – Side Angle Pose||23.||ArdhPadm Padahastasana – Half Lotus Hand to Feet Pose|
|10.||Parsvottanasana – Intense Side Stretch||24.||ArdhBaddhaPadma Padahastasana – Bounded Half Lotus Hand to Feet Pose|
|11.||ArdhChandrasana – Half Moon Pose||25.||Chakrasana – Wheel Pose|
|12.||Padangusthasana – Big Toe Pose||26.||Adho Mukh Svanasana – Downward Facing Dog Pose|
|13.||Natrajasana – Lord of Dance Pose||27.||Urdhavasana|
|14.||Prasarita Padottanasana – Wide Legged Forward Bend||28.||Ekpada Prasarnasana|
|01.||Yog Mudra – Symbol of Yoga||02.||Baddha Konasana – Caught Angle Pose|
|03.||Kurmasana – Tortoise Pose||04.||JanuShirshasana – Head to Knee Pose|
|05.||Parivritta Janushirshasana – Reverse Head to Knee Pose||06.||Paschimottanasana – Posterior|
|07.||Trianga Mukh Ekpada Paschimottanasana – Three Limbed forward bending pose||08.||Upavisthakonasana – Wide angle pose|
|09.||UrdhavMukh Paschimottanasana – Upward Facing Intense Back Stretch Pose||10.||Purvottanasana – Front Stretch of Body|
|11.||Ustrasana – Camel Pose||12.||Suptvajrasana – Supine Pelvic Stretch|
|13.||Prayankasana – Sofa Pose||14.||Ekpada Rajakapotasana – One legged pigeon pose|
|15.||Kapotasana – Pigeon Pose||16.||Vakrasana – Spinal Twist|
|17.||Ardhmatsyendrasana – Half Sage||18.||Paripurna Matsyendrasana – Complete Sage Pose|
|19.||Bharadwajasana||20.||ArdhBaddha PadmaVakrasana – Half Lotus Bounded Pose|
|21.||Bakasana – Crow / Crane Pose||22.||Mayurasana – Peacock Pose|
|23.||Pinchmayurasana – Feathered Peacock Pose||24.||Simhasana – Lion Pose|
|25.||Vyaghrasana – Tiger Pose||26.||Marjarasana – Cat Pose|
|27.||Padmasana – Lotus Pose||28.||Siddhasana – Perfect Pose|
|29.||Swastikasana – Symbol Pose||30.||Vajrasana – Locust Pose|
|31.||Uthita Padmasana – Elevated Lotus Pose||32.||Padma Bakasana – Lotus Crow|
|33.||Garabhasana – Embryo Pose||34.||Kukutasana – Cock Pose|
|35.||Gomukhasana – Cow Face Pose||36.||Padma Parvatasana – Lotus Mountain Pose|
|37.||Akarshn Dhanurasana – Shooting Bow Pose||38.||Mulabandhasana – Bounded Abdomen Pose|
|39.||Padma Mayurasana – Lotus Peac0ck Pose||40.||Baddha Padmasana – Bounded Lotus Pose|
|01.||Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose||02.||Salabhasana – Locust Pose|
|03.||Dhanurasana – Bow Pose||04.||Purna Dhanurasana – Complete Bow Pose|
|05.||Naukasana – Boat Pose||06.||Viprita Salabhasana – Handstand Pose|
|01.||Pawanmuktasana – Wind Releasing Pose||02.||Suptpadaangusthasana – Reclining Big Toe Pose|
|03.||Lumbar Stretch||04.||Ardh Halasana – Half Plough Pose|
|05.||Sarvangasana – Shoulder Stand||06.||Halasana – Plough Pose|
|07.||Padma Sarvangasana – Lotus Shoulder Stand||08.||Matsyasana – Fish Pose|
|09.||SetuBandhasana – Bridge Pose||10.||Shirshasana – Head Stand|
And many more attractive Asana poses along with this traditional poses.
B. Pranayama and Different types of Meditation (Primary Level)
|01.||Bhastrika||02.||Anuloma Viloma, Nadi Shodhan|
|09.||Theory of Murccha||10.||Theory of Plavini|
C. Kriyas – Cleansing Process
|01.||Jala Neti||02.||Sutra Neti|
|07.||Trataka||08.||Bandhas: Moolbandha, Uddiyana and Jalandhar Bandha|
D. Other Practices
|01.||Five Elements||02.||Seven Chakras|
F. Teaching Practice
|01.||Symptoms of a good teacher||02.||Demonstration|
|03.||Proper alignment||04.||Clear instruction|
|05.||Individual care of each student||-||-|
G. Anatomy and Physiology of Yogic Practice
|01.||Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology||02.||Formation of Body|
|03.||Digestive System||04.||Respiratory System|
|05.||Structure of Spinal Cord||-||-|
H. Yoga Philosophy
- Mantra Recitation, Patanjali Yog Sutras Chanting and Atmahastkam.
- What is Yoga?
- History of Yoga.
- Types of Yoga: Bhavana Yoga and Pranasamyamana Yoga.
- Principles of Yoga.
- Necessity of Yoga.
- Yogic Diet- Sattvic, Rajastic and Tamastic.
- Category of Yoga- Sattvic, Rajastic and Tamastic.
- Introduction to Auras.
- What is Mind and Different States of Mind: Conscious, Sub-conscious, Unconscious and Superconscious.
- Five Disturbances of Mind.
- Three Types of Fear.
- Different types of Bodies.
- Introduction to Five Elements: Sky, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. And their relation with physical body.
- Introduction to Patanjali Yog Darshan- Samadhi Padh, Sadhana Padh, Vibhuti Padh and Kaivalaya Padh.
- What is Ashtanga Yoga?
- Points to Remember while doing Ashtanga Yoga
Detailed Description of Ashtanga Yoga in Eight Steps:
- Yamas: Ahimsa, Satya, Asteya, Brahamcharya and Aparigraha.
- Niyamas: Shaucha, Santosha, Tapas, Swadhyaya and Ishwarpranidhanani.
20.3 Points of focus,
20.4 Different types of Asanas with their detailed study(includes benefits, Teaching & Assisting Asanas, Anatomy of each and every Asana and much more).
21.5 Bandhas and Mudras,
21.6 Introduction to 3 Nadis and 7 chakras,
21.7 Prana Vayu,
21.8 Benefits and Limitations of each Pranayama.
- Introduction to Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi.
- Introduction to Hatha Yoga.
- Six Cleansing Processes(Shatkarmas) – Kapalbhati, Neti, Trataka, Dhauti, Bhasti and Nauli.
- Different Meditation Techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy.
Each student’s social behavior is of great importance. Student’s will be assessed on their behavior and these behavioral observations will be considered in their Yoga Teacher Training certificate.Along with this their dedication in Theoretical and practical sessions.
- The food offered at Om Yoga Ashram is pure vegetarian - Sattvic diet.
- Self- -cooking facilities are also available at our ashram.
- Ayurveda Spa and Panch Karma Facilities available in our ashram premises. Charges applicable depending upon service.
I completed my 200 hour Yoga TTC and Kundalini Yoga course in the month of September, 2017. I could feel so many changes in me. I had a habit of taking drugs but after studying the course, i really changed my habits to Sattvic. Also, what we all use to feel that happiness is something that comes from outer world. Here, I learned what is true happiness? Now, i can say and can feel that i am very happy and can feel happiness from inside and doesnot require outer things to keep me happy.
200 Hour Yoga TTC and Kundalini Yoga
I have completed my 500 hour Yoga TTC course in the month of Nov,2017. Before 5 years, i suffered from Diabetes and due to this, i underwent a lot of stress. i could feel everytime i use to hide my real self. I could never express myself the way i am. This very thing always made me feel not good. After completing the yoga course, i was able to recognise and accept real me and could question myself as a neutral person. This was so superb that i started dealing with my problems so nicely. This was the first thing that helped me here to overcome my stress. The best lesson i learned in my Yoga course is Aparigraha. Have as much required. Ask yourself how much you require rather than working unconsciously. I was able to manage my stress effectively.I was deeply benefitted by this program as i learned the right way of living a life.
500 Hour Yoga TTC
Before this course, my aim was only to achieve certificate. But later, this course became such a great experience for me. This course helped me to face myself deeply that how negative i am. But, yes this also helped me to become positive. Learning Yoga here helped me to learn to accept the things as they are. The best part of this course was i could meet Ruchika Sensei, whose lessons had a great impact on my mind. It was great and fantastic to take lectures of her. I would really love to take advance course in the future here.
200 hour Yoga TTC
Before coming here, I thought yoga is stretching body . I used to meditate but thought it was nothing to do with yoga. Now I know meditation is nothing but yoga. Everything I learned here, asana, meditation, pranayama, theory are very useful in a practical life. I feel this brings calmness into my life even if I don't mean to attain samadhi. We can learn something we are missing in today's Japanese society. I will keep learning more deeply and make my life even better.
500 hour Yoga TTC
By studying Yoga here, i learnt to get answer to my questions by developing awareness about them. I could feel the connection in between my body and mind, and keep calm, this is what actually yoga is. I used to be negative about everything before, but now I stopped differentiating people from me because i feel everything is connected with love. Now i accept everything flexibly,be honest to myself and others. This is something i learned through yoga. Yoga is necessary habit for me. inevitable in my life. I will keep practicing. Be strict to myself but not force myself.